My personal S/S 14 trend guide

Although I don't really follow each and every trend closely, I do have some personal favorites which I will definitely be wearing. This would be my top ten, at random.

I. Stripes
An oldie but goodie. I think stripes always add a clean touch to a look and I combine them with almost everything. My number one wardrobe staple.

II. Visible lace details
I love details in lace. They can make an otherwise plain outfit much more interesting to look at. For example: I like wearing a nice lace top underneath a semi sheer blouse, so that it peeks through a little. Nothing too much though, you don't want it to become tacky. On hot summer days I also still like a drop armhole vest with a nice lacey bra underneath.

III. White
White is always a good idea when it is a warm, sunny day. It looks radiant & fresh, plus it makes your skin look more tanned. A win-win situation!

IV. Pastels
Speaking of shades, I'm also a fan of soft colors like pastels. Especially 'nude' is still one of my favorites and will probably show up again in my outfits for spring and summer. Such an easy tone to work with, and although it's pretty basic, I think it's less "boring" than other basic shades such as grey or beige.

V. Fringes & Tassels
As you may have noticed, I carry around my tassel bag a lot lately. I've fallen madly in love with everything that has tassels or fringes. Think jackets, bags and even shoelaces. I would never match them all together though, that would probably be too much to my taste.



VI. Bucket bags
Since my beloved tassel accessory came in the form of a so-called bucket bag, I started looking for similar bags. At this point, I have a list full of bucket bags which I would like to add to my modest collection. I like the fact that they have kind of a different shape than most other bags, which makes it a nice piece to vary things up.

VII. Sweaters
Whether it's high summer or mid winter, sweater weather can occur any time here in The Netherlands. Therefore it's always a good idea to have a couple of pretty knits and sweats. Although it might not be the most practical combination (think too warm or too cold, never in between), matching shorts with a big knit is one of my personal favorites.

VIII. Crop tops
As I told you the other day, I like wearing crop tops in high summer. A pretty basic piece of fabric which can easily be dressed up or down. I prefer wearing crop tops with just a little more length or matched with a higher waisted pants during regular weekdays.

IX. Oversized shirts
Worn as a dress (over your bikinis), or tucked in to a pair of denim cut offs, an oversized shirt never really gets old. I own a couple in white and light blue, and I also recently bought a striped version.

X. Flat sandals
It seems like every year a new variant of the flat sandal is introduced. Totally fine to me, cause I really like to give my feet a little break from wearing heels every now and then. On the other hand, my urge to buy more every year never really stops… ;)


4 comments:

  1. Wat een fijn lijstje zo ! Krijg helemaal zin in het mooie weer als ik dit lees :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, ik ook! Gelukkig is het vandaag lekker zonnig :)

      Jules x

      Delete
  2. I really love this list.And most of them are same for me!! I cant wait to get in visible lace detailed shirts or skirts
    xx
    Style Of OzOz
    Style Of OzOz Facebook Page

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great guide, I love the inspiration!

    www.shygirlloudvoice.com

    ReplyDelete

FOLLOW

@STYLEBYJULES